Ah! It's good to be back!
Jessica and Andrew's engagement session was our first official shoot since going on maternity leave in January. They sure did make it easy on us - they didn't bat an eye when I asked them to run, jump, blow weeds at me, carry her up a hill, etc. :) We had fun.
You'll see these two again for their wedding day come this September! I can hardly wait.
The first time I heard Lysa TerKeurst speak it was for an event at our church for the female staff and staff spouses hosted by our Pastor's wife, Holly Furtick. By the end of her talk about God's will for our lives being to be joyful, prayerful and thankful, I was in tears. Goodness gracious, does this woman have a gift! One of the things from that talk that really stuck with me was how each morning she would pray that God would show her one person that day that would need something from her - someone that she could give a little bit of her money, a little bit of encouragement, or a little bit of her time. I really loved that. I walked out of that evening feeling so inspired....more inspired than I had been in a long time.
The past two years I have had the opportunity to photograph Lysa, which has been such an honor and a delight. Here are just a few from our shoots.
This weekend Lysa will be preaching at our church for Mother's Day. I couldn't be more excited to hear from her. Take my advice and get yourself there...you won't regret hearing from this woman. Promise.
Since May is the month that I begin shooting for the first time since I had Crew, I thought what better than to kick things off by attempting to be organized with some goal setting? Yes, May goals.
Can I just say...I am kind of floored that it is already May? And that next Thursday my baby will already be THREE months old?! I am beside myself.
1. Lose 5 pounds. I am happy to say, the baby weight is coming off much quicker the second time around. I do, however, still have about 10 pounds to go. For the most part, I've been eating well, but I know it's time to kick into gear with some exercise. This Thursday...TOMORROW....it's cardio funk time, people.
2. Thomas at Tweetsie. Take a day trip to Blowing Rock for Boone to see Thomas the Train at Tweetsie for "A Day Out With Thomas". We went last year and the kid flipped out when he saw Thomas choo chooing around the mountain. TA-TA!!!!
3. Crew's Baby Book. Guys, I have the cutest baby book for Crew. And I just haven't found the time to begin filling it out. I was SO bad with keeping up with Boone's. Bleh.
4. Get My Kid to Stay in His Bed at Night. That kid. Goodness, have we had a time keeping him in bed at night. I feel like we've tried everything and nothing seems to work. I just got this clock in the mail that we ordered that shines GREEN when it's 7am signaling to him that he can come out of his room. Please dear God, let this work!
1. Stay on top of my editing. We are shooting four engagement sessions this month and I would LOVE to go into June with a clean slate.
2. Equipment. We recently sent in all of our equipment to Canon for cleaning/checks to prepare for our upcoming wedding season (quick shout out to Canon Professional Services - we are big fans of this program!), so now it's time to sell some old stuff and buy some new stuff.
+ 5D Mark II: $1300 (this bad boy has a lot of shutter actuations; price reflects that)
+ 24-70 2.8L: $1100
+ 70-200 2.8L: $1000
+ 50 1.2L: $1100
If interested, please shoot me an email or send me a note through the contact form on this blog. :)
3. New Branding/Website. I'm happy to say that we have, in fact, made some progress in this area. Goodness, it's been the longest time coming. At this point I need to and will make a schedule for deadlines and we will stick to it.
4. Mentoring. No, I haven't forgotten about my announcement that we would begin offering mentorships. I was silly enough to think I could have it launched before the baby was born. Well, clearly that didn't happen. Plans are underway; just need to formalize the format before we officially begin this program. Stay tuned.
And here are a couple recent pics of my babies. Happy May! :)
We are so grateful to Style Me Pretty, Real Simple, and Charlotte Wedding Magazine for the features shown below - thank you so much!
Style Me Pretty Destination - full feature can be seen HERE.
Real Simple - one of our images was used as a "must-take wedding photo". Direct link to the image can be found HERE.
Charlotte Wedding Magazine published our work from Josalyn and Patrick's gorgeous wedding at The Foundation for the Carolinas.